Welcome to our website !

Dinner Time

By Sunday, June 01, 2014

Today I felt like something fresh and Mediterranean so I figured a Greek style dish would be the way to go. I picked up a load of mint from the Turkish market yesterday and had to use it somehow. 
The recipe starts with 300g of pork. I wanted to get plain pork steak but all I could find was this grill steak already marinated in paprika. 


Even though the meat has been marinated already I still added some more spices. Just combine the juice of half a lemon, a teaspoon of dried mint and coriander, a clove of garlic (finely chopped) and a good helping of pepper as well as a bit of salt. Mix it all together with a few tablespoons of olive oil.

Once everything has been mixed thoroughly it is best to leave the pork in the fridge for around 30 mins. That way all the flavours can be absorbed.



Now for the tzatziki. I am not sure what I made is very authentic but it tastes pretty good. Just combine grated cucumber, a clove of finely chopped garlic, some spring onion as well as more dried mint and salt and mix it with full fat natural yogurt. Ideally it is best to salt the grated cucumber first to make sure as much water as possible has been drained before adding to the yogurt but I was too impatient and skipped that step.


 As an extra splash of colour roast one to two red peppers until they are quite charred around the outside. Leave to steam for 10 minutes and it is easy to peel off the burnt skin. Now season with salt, red wine vinegar and more mint.

Now all you have to do is grill the meat and everything can be assembled within a wrap or flatbread.   
This recipe is based on Jamie Oliver's Souvlake, which can be found here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments